2022-03-08 – 17:10 h
The Santa Rosa Symphony conducted by Francesco Lecce-Chong presents a concert entitled ‘RACH & the Hollywood Sound’ in which Rachmaninoff’s monumental orchestral works are brought together with works by influential Hollywood composers of the past and present, illustrating their shared lush, lyrical, and highly praised Hollywood sound.
The concerts pair the Ballet Suite from La Strada (The Road), by influential black-and-white film score composer Nino Rota with Sergei Rachmaninoff‘s brilliant Symphony No. 1. Hildur Guŏnadóttir‘s experimental yet warm ‘From the Other Place’, played from a color map rather than a traditional score, provides room for the strings to organically make music together for a one-of-a-kind performance.
- HILDUR GUŎNADÓTTIR: From the Other Place
- NINO ROTA: Ballet Suite from La Strada [The Road]
- SERGEI RACHMANINOFF: Symphony No. 1
Dates & tickets:
- Saturday March, 19, 2022 2:00 PM – Discovery Open Rehearsal
- Saturday March, 19, 2022 7:30 PM
- Sunday March, 20, 2022 3:00 PM
- Monday March, 21, 2022 7:30 PM
- Run Time: Approximately 120 minutes
- Where: Weill Hall at the Green Music Center (Rohnert Park, CA, USA)
- Tickets: $ 24-97 (22-89 €) – https://www.srsymphony.org/EventDetail/225
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/491678395643515/
Concert Conversations are general seating and free to Classical Series concert ticket holders. Duration: Approximately 30 minutes in the Weill Hall.
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 at 6:30 PM
- Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 2:00 PM
- Monday, March 21, 2022 at 6:30 PM