2018-06-26 – 10:40 h
Next Saturday, June 30th, the Orchestra and Choir of the Cathedral of Cordoba under the baton of Clemente Mata Ruiz, will offer an extraordinary summer concert at the Court of Oranges in Cordoba (Spain), formed mainly by classical music, although it will incorporate film music composed by great figures such as Miklós Rózsa, Alfred Newman or Ennio Morricone.
The planned program is the following:
- Zadok the Priest – Georg Friedrich Haendel
- J.S. Bach – Aria dalla suite n° 3 in Re maggiore – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Star of Bethlehem – Miklós Rózsa
- Suite No 2 Música Acuática – Georg Friedrich Haendel
- O mio babbino caro – Giacomo Puccini
- The Magic Flute – Queen of the Night aria – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Symphony No.7 in A major op.92 II, Allegretto – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Ave María – Cavalleria rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- Resurrection and Ascension Suite from The Greatest Story Ever Told – Alfred Newman
- Meditation from Thaïs – Jules Massenet
- Va, pensiero “Nabucco” – Giuseppe Verdi
- Suite from “The Mission” – Ennio Morricone
The concert will feature the participation of the sopranos Concepción Martos, María José Cantos and Cristina Avilés, as well as the solo violinist Rafael López, and has been organized by the Cabildo of the Cathedral of Cordoba and the Osio Forum.
When: Saturday 30th of June 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
Where: Court of Oranges of the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba (Cordoba, Spain)
Tickets: Free access