2018-07-12 – 19:05 h
The 2nd edition of the International Music Festival ‘Ciudad Monumental de Cáceres’ that has been taking place from July 7 to 13 in Caceres (Extremadura, Spain) organized by the Cultural Association Agustín Orozco, is coming to an end, having offered performing courses, a course of creative improvisation, and multiple concerts of music among which we can find two film music concerts.
Today, Thursday 12th of July at 7:30 p.m., the concert called ‘Painting Music’ will be held, which includes the screening of the film ‘Pantalla Rasgada’, by Gerardo Gormezano, which will be preceded by a live suite with the music that Yuval Gotlibovich composed for the film, performed by the composer himself and some teachers of the Festival.
Tomorrow, Friday 13th of July at 8:00 pm, the concert called ‘A Night at the Cinema’ will be held, which will include the following music in its program:
- ENNIO MORRICONE – Cinema Paradiso, Love theme
- LEANDRO LORRIO – Premiere: “Extremadura from the air”, for strings orchestra, flute, clarinet and piano, performed by the Orquesta Ciudad Monumental de Caceres (OCMC) conducted by Miguel Calderon
- W.A. MOZART – Piano Concert no.21 Andante (from Elvira Madigan)
- JOHN WILLIAMS – Theme from Schindler´s List
- GEORGE GERSHWIN – Lullaby for string orchestra
When: Thursday 12th and Friday 13th of July 2018 at 7:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Where: Auditorio San Francisco (Caceres, Spain)
Tickets: Concert 9€ / Season ticket 35€ / 2 season tickets 60€ – At the box office and by phone
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/189216831710404/
More information: http://caceresmusicfestival.es/