2018-06-13 – 10:00 h
The ORCAM – Orquesta y Coro de la Comunidad de Madrid (Orchestra and Choir of the Community of Madrid) has presented this week in Madrid the new concert season 2018-2019, with Roberto Ugarte, manager of the ORCAM, and conductor Víctor Pablo Pérez unveiling the detail of the concerts.
We have to highlight the concert to be held on Tuesday, October 23rd at the National Auditorium of Music in Madrid called ‘¡De Película!’ (Film!), were in collaboration with the Orquesta Sinfónica del Vallés, the ORCAM conducted by Rubén Gimeno and with the participation of voice actors Jordi Brau and Luís Posada as hosts, will perform a mixed repertoire of classical music and film music. The evening will also include the premiere of the piece ‘La Ciudad Perdida’ by composer Antoni Mairata March.
The planned program is the following:
- Antoni Mairata March – La ciudad perdida (World premiere)
- Bob Thiele & George David Weiss – Good Morning, Vietnam! (What a wonderful world)
- Joe Renzetti – Child’s Play
- Ludwig van Beethoven – The King’s Speech, 7th Symphony (second movement)
- John Williams – Born on the Fourth of July
- James Horner – Titanic
- Lalo Schifrin – Mission: Impossible
- Giacomo Rossini – Mrs. Doubtfire, Aria from Fígaro “The Barber of Seville”
- John Williams – Catch me if you can
- Nicola Piovani – Life is Beautiful
- Randy Edelman – The Mask, “Hey Pachuco”
- Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt – Pirates of the Caribbean
- Alan Silvestri – Forrest Gump
When: Tuesday 23rd of October 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Where: National Auditorium of Music (Madrid, Spain)
Tickets: Available on 13/9/2018 – https://www.entradasinaem.es/ficha-espectaculo/5/1514/orq-y-coro-comun-madrid-orcam-18-19
Oficial press release: http://www.orcam.org/noticia.cfm?id=3975
Season advance: http://www.orcam.org/media/docs/AVANCE%20ORCAM%2018-19.pdf