Event – ‘Fans of Film Music’ – 7th Edition
On Saturday September 3rd, the 7th edition of Fans of Film Music event will be held at the Bridge Recording Studio in Glendale (Los Angeles).
As every year, during the event, famous composers and fans of film music will exchange points of view, opinions and experiences, in a conference that has the world of soundtracks as main subject.
The event, organized by Peter Hackman, founder and president of Fans of Film Music, will have the following composers this year:
- Matthew Margeson, known for Eddie the Eagle, Kingsman: The Secret Service or Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, and that has also recently co-composed last Tim Burton’s film: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children together with Mike Higham.
- Marcelo Zarvos, who composed Rock The Kasbah, American Ultra or Our Kind of Traitor, and whose upcoming projects include Amazon’s One Mississippi, and new seasons of hot Showtime series: The Affair and Ray Donovan
- Vince DiCola, known for his soundtracks for Rocky IV and Transformers: The Movie (1986 animation movie).
- John Debney, veteran composer nominated for an Oscar for his score for The Passion of Christ and that has also composed The Jungle Book, Ice Age: Collision Course, The Young Messiah, Iron Man 2 or Cutthroat Island among many others.
- Randy Miller, known for having composed the soundtrack for Hellraiser III and recently co-wrote the documentary The Freedom To Marry.
- Rob Simonsen composer of The Age of Adaline, Foxcatcher, Burnt, 500 Days of Summer, or the recent Nerve.
Throughout the event attendees will have the opportunity to listen to speeches from the composers, talk with them in a relaxed atmosphere, and participate in raffles of material donated by many record labels for the occasion.
More information about the event and how to sign up, on the official website: