Yesterday, Friday, September 18th, started the 14th edition of the Tenerife International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ) that will be celebrated till Sunday 27 in Tenerife (Spain).
With a total of 6 concerts, here you can find the details and the programs:
FRIDAY 18 AND SATURDAY 19/09/2020 at 20:30h – OPENING CONCERT – ‘COTTON CLUB DIVA’
The singer Esther Ovejero and jazz music will be the stars of ‘Cotton Club Diva’, leading us through a great selection of songs performed in the cinema by great music female legends. It is a tribute to the mythical New York nightclub and the title of Francis Ford Coppola’s film about the troubled era of Prohibition in the United States.
- Mo’ Better Blues (Terence Blanchard) – Mo’ Better Blues
- Dick Tracy (Madonna) – Sooner or Later
- The Fabulous Baker Boys (Dave Grusin) – Makin’ Whoopee
- The Russia House (Jerry Goldsmith) – Alone in the World
- Round Midnight (Herbie Hancock) – Round Midnight
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Henry Mancini) – Moon River
- Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley) – Pure Imagination
- Sabrina (y sus amores) (John Williams, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Bergman) – Moonlight
- Play Misty for Me (Erroll Garner) – Misty
- About a Boy (Roberta Flack) – Killing me Softly
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (Aretha Franklin) – I Say a Little Prayer
- The Fabulous Baker Boys (Dave Grusin) – My Funny Valentine
- Cafe Society (Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart) – The Lady is a Tramp
- Esther Ovejero: Voice.
- David Quevedo: Piano and arrangements.
- Tanausú Santana: Bass.
- Kike Perdomo: Saxophone.
- Nasim López-Palacios: Drums.
This concert will be held on Friday 18th at the Teatro Leal in La Laguna and on Saturday 19th at the Teatro Guiniguada in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
SATURDAY 19/09/2020 at 20:30h – ‘SCORSESE AFTER HOURS’
The Pop Culture Band returns this year with a unique proposal: a selection of songs that the Oscar-winning New York filmmaker Martin Scorsese has used in some of the most famous sequences of his filmography. The Guimerá Theater in Santa Cruz de Tenerife will host the amazing band led by Gonzalo de Araoz, will perform ‘Scorsese After Hours’ program, with de Araoz’ arrangements for songs such as ‘Gimme Shelter’ by The Rolling Stones, from ‘Godfellas’ (1990), or Brenda Lee’s ‘I’m Sorry’, that was included in ‘Casino’ (1995), among others. This concert is an original co-production of FIMUCITÉ and the Krakow Film Music Festival.
- I’m Sorry (Brenda Lee) – Casino
- Please, Mr. Postman (The Carpenters) – Mean Streets
- Jenny Take a Ride (Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels) – Who’s That Knocking at My Door?
- Be My Baby (The Ronettes) – Mean Streets
- Nowhere to Run (Martha and the Vandellas) – Bringing Out the Dead
- Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones) – Goodfellas
- Daniel (Elton John) – Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore
- Layla (Derek and The Dominos) – Goodfellas
- Love is the Drug (Roxy Music) – Casino
- So close to me (Bernard Herrmann) – Taxi Driver
- Quando, quango (Tony Renis) – After Hours
- Then He Kissed Me (The Crystals) – Goodfellas
- It’s Not For Me To Say (Johnny Mathis) – Goodfellas
- The Shoop Shoop Song (Betty Everett) – Mean Streets
- I Ain’t Nobody (Louis Prima) – Raging Bull
- Back on the Chain Gang (The Pretenders) – The King of Comedy
- Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac) – Casino
- Nobody but Me (The Human Beinz) – The Departed
- Comfortably Numb (Roger Waters & Van Morrison) – The Departed
- Boom Boom (John Lee Hooker) – The Wolf of Wall Street
- Gloria (Umberto Tozzi) – The Wolf of Wall Street
- Gonzalo de Araoz: Music director and guitar
- Francis Díaz: Guitar
- Javi Guerrero: Drums
- David González: Keyboardist
- Nuria Herrero: Percussion
- Daniel Lukacks: Bass
- Elio Bignotte: Trumpet
- Luís Cuan: Saxo
- Cristo Delgado: Trombone
- Héctor Quintero
- Patty Baker
- Patricio González
- Antonella Vega
- Barbara Soltesova
THURSDAY 24/09/2020 at 20:30h – ‘CINEMASS: MISA CINEMATOGRÁFICA’
The Polyphonic Choir of the University of La Laguna will offer the recital ‘Cinemass’, which gathers a fabulous choir repertoire that was part of unforgettable films: ‘Gabriel’s Oboe’, by the legendary Ennio Morricone for ‘The Mission’, the main themes from Bruno Coulais Academy Award Nominee score ‘Les Choristes’, or the popular ‘Hallelujah’ by Leonard Cohen, included in the animated film ‘Shrek’, among others. This concert will be celebrated at the Ex-Convento de Santo Domingo of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, and is an original co-production of FIMUCITÉ, the Krakow Film Music Festival and Soundtracks Live!
- Agnus Dei – “König der letzten Tage” – Wojciech Kilar
- The Skye boat song – “Outlander” – Arr. Bear McCreary
- Choral Theme – “Band of Brothers” – Michael Kamen / Arr. Mikael Carlsson
- Path to Heaven – “Kingdom of Heaven” – Harry Gregson-Williams
- Libera me – “Carlito’s Way” – Patrick Doyle / Arr. Mikael Carlsson
- Gabriel’s Oboe – “The Mission” – Ennio Morricone / Arr. Marek Pawełek
- Vois sur ton chemin – “Les Choristes”- Bruno Coulais / Arr. Christophe Barratier
- In Memoriam – “Les Choristes” – Bruno Coulais / Arr. Marek Pawełek
- Hallelujah – “Shrek” / “Watchmen” – Leonard Cohen / Arr. Pentatonix, Julio Chinea
- Chorale – “Behind Enemy Lines” – Don Davis / Arr. Mikael Carlsson
- Choral Suite – “Frozen” – Christophe Beck, Frode Fjellheim
- Non nobis Domine – “Henry V”- Patrick Doyle / Arr. Graham Preskett
- The Polyphonic Choir of the University of La Laguna, conducted by Julio Chinea
- Pianist: Satomi Morimoto
More information (free entry):
FRIDAY 25 at 20:00h & SATURDAY 26/09/2020 at 19:00h – ‘SOMOS LA RESISTENCIA: LA CASA DE PAPEL EN CONCIERTO’
The Tenerife International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ) will perform the world premiere of the successful television series “Money Heist”, soundtrack composed by Manel Santisteban and Iván Martínez Lacámara, arranged for a symphonic concert. Diego Navarro, director of FIMUCITÉ, is responsible for the artistic and musical direction.
Maestro Navarro will conduct the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra at the two scheduled concerts of “We Are The Resistance: Money Heist In Concert”, which will take place on Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26, at the Tenerife Auditorium. Both composers Manel Santisteban and Iván Martínez Lacámara will attend, together with the singer Cecilia Krull, who will perform on stage the popular main song of the TV series: “My life is going on”.
The concert on Saturday 26th will include the presentation of the 3rd edition of the ‘Spanish Audiovisual Music Awards’ organized by Musimagen in collaboration with Fimucité (read more).
Overture (The Plan)
- My Life is Going On (Instrumental)
First movement (Breakin’ In)
- Asalto al camión
- La fábrica de moneda y timbre
- Operación Banco de España
Second movement (All is Lost)
- No nos vamos a esconder
- ¿Donde está el deseo?
- El Profesor y Lisboa
Third movement (The Heist)
- Tango de Berlín
- El Aikido
- La vida de Raquel
Fourth movement (Resurgence)
- No matamos prisioneros
- La banda estuvo ahí
- Police on the Way
- Esta guerra la vamos a ganar
- My Life is Going On.
* Running time: 85 min
- Orquesta Sinfonica de Tenerife conducted by maestro Diego Navarro
- Cecilia Krull – Soloist Voice
- Fran León – Soloist Voice
- Gonzalo de Araoz – Electric guitar
- Daniel Lukacks – Electric bass
- David González – Keyboard
- Javier Guerrero – Drums
More information about Fimucité: