After a two-year break, the FIMU – International Film Music Symposium, the academic side of Hollywood in Vienna (23 – 24.09.2022) (read more), will take place on September 21, 2022, at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (MDW), having Alan Menken as the main guest.
In addition to Alan Menken himself, renowned companions of Alan Menken, as well as experts from Austria and the USA, will shed light on the following topics, among others: How is a soundtrack for a Disney animated film created? How do Alan Menken, his music director, orchestra, and singers work together? What does the cooperation with Walt Disney Studios look like? How is an Alan Menken musical production created? Which legal aspects have to be considered?
- Alan Menken – Oscar- & Golden Globe and Grammy-Award winner
- Michael Kosarin – Conductor and Emmy-Award Winner
- Randy Kerber – Composer and keyboarder
- Susan Egan – Singer and Actress, “Beauty and the Beast”
- Chris Montan – Former President of Disney Music
- Christian Struppeck – General Manager Raimundtheater/ Ronacher
- Sandra Kromoser – Head of legal at VBW
- Paul Fischer – Head of legal at AKM
- Paul Hertel – AKM Vice President
- Thomas Mikusz – Publicist – White Bear PR
- Sandra Tomek – Director – Hollywood in Vienna
- and many more
On 22 September 2022, a masterclass will be celebrated, where Alan Menken and Randy Kerber will give young musicians, composers, and musically interested people an exclusive and detailed insight into their work. The masterclass is recommended for participants with previous musical knowledge.
More information about FIMU 2022:
More information about Hollywood in Vienna: