On Monday, February 24th, the HARPA Nordic Film Composer Award was handed out at an award ceremony at Nordische Botschaften in Berlin (Germany), as part of the Nordic Film Music Days event.
The winner of this edition was the Norwegian composer Gaute Storaas for his soundtrack for Colin Nutley‘s TV-series ‘Bröllup, begravning och dop’.
This is the complete list of nominees for this year’s HARPA Award, with links to special articles & videos for each of them:
- Gaute Storaas (Norway) – Bröllup, Begravning och Dop (link to article)
- Kåre Bjerkø (Denmark) – Det som Göms i Snö (link to article)
- Panu Aaltio (Finland) – Luontosinfonia (link to article)
- Gyða Valtýsdóttir (Iceland) – Mihkel (link to article)
- Anders Niska & Klas Wahl (Sweden) – Balloons over Babylon (link to article)
Following, you can read the official statement of the jury:
The international jury was:
- Davíð Þór Jónsson (Film Composer and 2019 HARPA award winner, Iceland)
- Christine Aufderhaar (Film Composer, Switzerland)
- Jean-Michel Bernard (Film Composer, France)
- Florian Vollmers (Festival Management, Nordic Film Days Lübeck, Germany)
- George Christopoulos (Music Agent, Greece)
You can read more about Nordic Film Music Days here: