Additional events for Hollywood in Vienna celebration have been announced, that as we already commented on the following news (link) is composed mainly of two concerts to be held on October 13th and 14th at night (both with the same program, but the second concert includes gala and will be televised).
These complementary events will materialize in a symposium under the name FIMU 2016 (International Film Music Symposium) that will be held the same days October on 13th and 14th in the morning, and will include two events with the main guest of this year, Alexandre Desplat.
On Thursday October 13th a masterclass will be held from 12:00pm to 3:00pm at the University of Music and Performing Arts of Vienna, taught by Alexandre Desplat himself, and aimed at young composers with sufficient knowledge of composition and orchestration, offering a unique opportunity to learn from one of the leading composers of the moment.
Seats are very limited, admitting only 10 people from outside the university, and it is recommend that participants bring a USB flash drive with their compositions and audio files. Following the masterclass, same afternoon, students will visit Stage Synchron Vienna recording studios.
The price of this masterclass if of 150€ for students and 200€ for non-students.
On Friday October 14th, a symposium will be held from 9: 00h to 14: 00h, also at the University of Music and Performing Arts of Vienna, with the following people:
- Alexandre Desplat and his agent Laura Engel (owner of the prestigious agency Kraft-Engel Management).
- Dominique Lemmonier – Artistic director of movies such as The Life of Pets.
- Christian Buchmann – Contractor Synchron Stage Orchestra, Künstlersekretariat Buchmann
- Bernd Mazagg – Technical Director, Chief Audio Engineer Synchron Stage Vienna
- Martin Weismayr – Editing Engineer, Synchron Stage Vienna
- Herbert Tucmandl – Ceo Vienna Symphonic Library und Synchron Stage Vienna
- Johannes Vogel – Composer, Conductor
- Dimitri Leivici – Concertmaster Synchron Stage Vienna
- Natalia Villanueva García – Founder Max Steiner Orchestra, composer
The Price of the tickets for the symposium is 15€ for students and 20€ for non-students, and advance booking is recommended, as there is limit of 200 seats.
Registration for both events and more information: http://hollywoodinvienna.com/en/events/fimu-vienna-2016